The Crabhands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crabhands

Welcome to the Crabhands guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scripted Naxx

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Atalys

Atalys

Scripted Naxx Empty
PostSubject: Scripted Naxx   Scripted Naxx I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:20 am

With the few fights we did in the little PUG group yesterday, we noticed that things have been fully scripted in Naxx. Now I know for a fact that noone has tried to clear it, so we need to get a Core grp, 2 tanks(maybe one dps/tank who can spec when needed), 2 Healers(yes I know Obulous is great, but because of the scripting 1 Healer will not work, and 3 might even be needed for some fights), 6 Dps(a good mix of ranged and melee, we cannot do it will full melee).

I know from my time farming Naxx on retail that some of the fights are very difficult for the people who lack a brain, and that is why I say we need our Core. Now I know a few people will not want to do this because the gear is worse than PoS/FoS, but if we get the Achieves, we could be the first on the server to do so without a doubt.

So I say we think about this before we lose everyone to other things, Ive already seen a huge decrease in people being on at our normal raid time on the weekends.
Back to top Go down
skarrina

Scripted Naxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scripted Naxx   Scripted Naxx I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Also included: a rant I've been meaning to do for a while now

Atalys is right and I agree with him. Naxx was really tough last night, but fun too! We need to make a more serious attempt at it, now that we know what to expect.

I know I am getting more frustrated with the people of the server because the PvE environment has deteriorated since the server update. The raids are harder, and the rewards are smaller, and people are less willing to do go raiding. I mean, I noticed this spirit before, where few people were willing to raid a dungeon unless they got a large amount of emblems quickly and repeatedly (like PoS and FoS) or if they got an achievement out of it, but I feel this lazy and greedy spirit has intensified lately. I think banding together to face a task like the scripted Naxx might renew the fun in PvE. This is a real challenge, not just another thing to "farm". It will be a healthy exercise in teamwork for the guild. Maybe I'm just making an idealistic rant, but to me this game is supposed to be about playing together and using our individual skills (both toon's skills and our own) to take down big and ugly monsters, where our whole is greater than the sum of the parts, and not just about raising our "GS".

On another note, instead of dismissing "brainless" people and excluding them from raid attempts such as this one, as a guild we need to educate our newer guildmates and also non-guildies we meet in raid etiquette and how to approach bosses. Not in an asshole-ish and bossy way that happens all too frequently on this server, but in a constructive way. For those who did go the Naxx raid last night, Atalys's instructions were a great example of this. Anyway, I know I'm not the first to notice it or even say something, but there is a dichotomy in Crabhands where there is this "core" group of players and an "everyone else" group, and I rarely see much effort into improving those in the "everyone else" category to bring them up to par. Again I'm not just talking about raising GS, but making better players out of them. Of course, Naxx is not the place to do this so maybe y'all do need the "core" group to defeat Naxx the first time, but in the future we should strive to be more involved with each other. Smile

And as for the PUG comment, I was raid leader, and I knew everyone in that raid except for a couple of Crabhands that joined later in the party formation. I'm also kind of sad I had never met those Crabhands before (again a reflection of how we should all play with each other more). It was great, the first 6 or so of us were ex-Solstice members. It was just like old times! <3

Back to top Go down
Aaron

Aaron

Scripted Naxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scripted Naxx   Scripted Naxx I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:22 pm

im pretty sure our core group can take on naxx almost as easily as before, the only problem that i see now is, NO ONE ONLINE lol , me, mentalcase, and halibel are rarly going on latly i join a different server called eternal wow for its straight pvp because this server has a horde to alliance ratio of 10-1, and on some days its 10-4. i find that the server degraded itself to some point, and the ppl in it as well. were not as active anymore, like i know you cant dedicate ur lives but its the thought that counts right? ahahaha idk no ones really on, i got responibilies just like everyone else, mabe just mabe we should start our own private server called......wait for it.....its almost here......wait on sec.......THE CRABHANDS...........lol just something to consider Wink
Back to top Go down
Atalys

Atalys

Scripted Naxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scripted Naxx   Scripted Naxx I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Aaron wrote:
im pretty sure our core group can take on naxx almost as easily as before, the only problem that i see now is, NO ONE ONLINE lol , me, mentalcase, and halibel are rarly going on latly i join a different server called eternal wow for its straight pvp because this server has a horde to alliance ratio of 10-1, and on some days its 10-4. i find that the server degraded itself to some point, and the ppl in it as well. were not as active anymore, like i know you cant dedicate ur lives but its the thought that counts right? ahahaha idk no ones really on, i got responibilies just like everyone else, mabe just mabe we should start our own private server called......wait for it.....its almost here......wait on sec.......THE CRABHANDS...........lol just something to consider Wink

Give us your account >.>
Back to top Go down
Sykretts

Sykretts

Scripted Naxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scripted Naxx   Scripted Naxx I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:20 am

I would like to be included in your core group as i have very sound knowledge 'bout my dk's tactics in raids and stuff..
Plus..i also have the Naxx and Uld quests pending from pre-Trinity ...
Regards,
Sykretts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scripted Naxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scripted Naxx   Scripted Naxx I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scripted Naxx
Page 1 of 1